出典: フリー百科事典『ウィキペディア（Wikipedia）』 (2018/10/27 11:32 UTC 版)
- ^ a b c d e Portraits From the Dawn of a New EraVisualizing Cultures, MIT, 2009
- ^ Bennett 2009, 241. Recent scholarship had uncovered an application by Beato for a travel permit in 1858 that included information suggesting he was born in 1833 or 1834 on the island of Corfu. Dobson, "'I been to keep up my position'", 31. Earlier sources had given his birth date as 1825 or ca. 1825, but these dates may have been confused references to the possible birth date of his brother, Antonio. However, the death certificate discovered in 2009 provides the first definitive evidence of Beato's dates and places of birth and death.
- ^ Bennett 2009, 241; Dobson, "'I been to keep up my position'", 31. Beato has long been described as British, Italian, Corfiot Italian, and/or Greek. The peculiarities of the movements of his family and of early nineteenth century history in the Adriatic mean that Felice Beato can justifiably be described by all these terms. Corfu was on and off part of Venetian territory from 1386 until 1815, when the Treaty of Paris placed it and the other Ionian Islands under British "protection". Corfu was finally ceded to Greece in 1864. A line of the Beato family is recorded as having moved to Corfu in the 17th century and was one of the noble Venetian families that ruled the island during the Republic of Venice. Gray, 68.
- ^ Zannier 1983, n.p.
- ^ a b Clark, Fraser, and Osman, 90.
- ^ Broecker, 58; Clark, Fraser, and Osman, 89, 90.
- ^ Oztuncay, 24; Clark, Fraser, and Osman, 90–91.
- ^ Auer and Auer; Broecker, 58.
- ^ Harris, 23; Dehejia, 121; Auer and Auer; Masselos 2000, 1. Gernsheim states that Beato and Robertson both travelled to India in 1857, but it is now generally accepted that Beato travelled there alone. Gernsheim, 96.
- ^ Turner, 447.
- ^ Harris, 23; Clark, Fraser, and Osman, 91–92.
- ^ Clark, Fraser, and Osman, 90, 91.
- ^ Harris 1999.
- ^ Quoted in Griffiths.
- ^ a b c d Beato, Wirgman, and the Business of Early Photography in JapanVisualizing Cultures, MIT, 2009
- ^ F.ベアト写真集1（横浜開港資料館）. (2006-07-06). ISBN 978-4750323695.
- ^ Album Caption TextFelice Beneto's Japan, MIT, 2009
- ^ Robinson, p. 41; Clark, Fraser, and Osman, p. 116; Zannier, "Beato", p. 446.