出典: フリー百科事典『ウィキペディア（Wikipedia）』 (2019/06/20 08:11 UTC 版)
- ^ Moskowitz, Sam. A. Merritt: Reflections in the Moon Pool. Philadelphia, Oswald Train, 1985. ISBN 9996247600
- ^ a b Partners in Wonder: Women and the Birth of Science Fiction, 1926-1965 by Eric Leif Davin, Lexington Books, 2005, pages 409-10.
- ^ 11月14日号
- ^ "I was extremely glad to meet Merritt in person, for I have admired his work for 15 years. ... he has a peculiar power of working up an atmosphere and investing a region with an aura of unholy dread" H.P. Lovecraft's letter to R. H. Barlow (January 13, 1934) 
- ^ "Merritt, A[braham]" in An H.P. Lovecraft encyclopedia (2001) page 167. ISBN 0313315787
- ^ Skinner, Doug (2005年8月). “What's This? A Shaver Revival?”. Fate. 2009年8月26日閲覧。 “Shaver’s main literary model was Abraham Merritt. Merritt isn’t read much today, but his fantasy novels were quite popular throughout the ’20s and ’30s. Beginning with The Moon Pool in 1919, he produced a series of novels about underground caverns, lost races, ancient ray machines, shell-shaped hovercraft, and other marvels. He was also a member of the original Fortean Society and the editor of The American Weekly, a Sunday newspaper supplement that often featured scientific and historical oddities. Shaver thought Merritt had seen the caves but could only mention them in fiction. One might also suspect that Merritt’s novels had influenced Shaver’s beliefs.”
- ^ メキシコ製ホラー映画。トッド・ブラウニングの『悪魔の人形』のリメイクだとしているが、むしろメリットの『魔女を焼き殺せ』に近い。